- At least Master's degree or, in its absence, equivalent working experience of minimum 7 years in development, social sciences, human rights or a relevant, directly related discipline.
- Proven project management and organization skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software ;
At least six years' experience in the field of civil society organisations, participation and capacity development.
Specific professional experience
- At least four years of experience working on EU civil society projects or support of the EU towards civil society organisations;
- Managerial experience of at least 3 years, preferably in an civil society organizations or similar assignments as described in these ToR;
- Experience in carrying out qualitative and quantitative research (at least 4 research documents/papers);
Soft skills requirements:
- Experience in organising and facilitating Civil society forums, dialogues, with national or international organisations (at least 3 civil society dialogues)
- Excellent knowledge of EU procedures, programmes and approaches towards to civil society organisations
- Proven experience in producing communication tools and delivering communication activities
- Experience in Monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming approaches and tools
- Excellent working knowledge both in spoken and written English; knowledge of Burmese is considered an asset.